Equipped with the NXP LS1043 (Quadcore) system on chip, containing Cortex-A53 processing units, multiple Ethernet, USB3.0 and PCI Express, the LS1043S platform is capable of handling up to 5Gbps of simultaneous traffic. Interface options include A/VDSL, Gigabit Ethernet, LTE, 802.11n and 802.11ac WiFi. 4GB of DDR4 memory provides ample headroom for advanced networking and virtualization applications, with other RAM sizes available on request.
The LS1043S supports OpenWrt and other ARM64 Linux distributions. Mainline Linux kernels are supported from Linux 4.15 onwards, using fully standard kernel interfaces.
Storage options include a M.2 Key M slot (SATA) for SSD storage, as well as MMC/SD and 512MB of NAND flash.
The LS1043S comes in both DC plug and internal Molex variants to suit desktop and rackmount applications.
A DSL plug in card is in development.
Key Specifications at a Glance
- CPU: NXP QorIQ LS1043A Cortex-A53, 1.6GHz
- RAM: 4GB DDR4, 1600MT/s
- Ports: 4 x 1000Base-T, 1 x SFP+ (1/2.5/5/10G), One SFP, One USB 3.0. All network ports are separate MACs.
- Storage: 512MB NAND, eMMC or SD card, M.2 Key B SATA
- Expansion cards: Two MiniPCIe (one half, one full length), plus M.2 Key B for LTE (with nanoSIM at rear)
- Console Port: Mini-USB Serial console at rear or 3.3V serial header on board
- Power: 12V, 1.5A max (18W) for base board (no add in cards), with either a 2.5mm DC plug or 12V Molex connector (internal).
Customers may add expansion cards up to a system maximum of 5A (60W).